very small and home-based business owner can
easily save thousands of dollars in taxes each year!
Deductions For Teachers
1. Phone Numbers
2. E-mail Address
II. BANK for DIRECT DEPOSIT
a. Routing Number
b. Account Number
c. Savings_____ or Checking_____
III. FOR E-FILE NEED
a. Drivers License Number
b. Issued Date
c. Expiration Date
d. State Issued
1. Union Dues
2. Licenses & Permits
3. Assoc./Prof. Dues
7. Test Fees
1. Badges/Name Tags
5. Equipment Repair
6. Home Office
D. Filing Cabinet/Files
E. Trash Can/Stapler/Supplies
7. Tape Recorder/Batteries/Tapes
E. Digital Camera
12. Dry Cleaning
13. Laundry for PE Clothes/smocks,lab
14. Safety Equipment
A. Rain Gear
B. Cold Gear
C. Sun Glasses
F. Tennis Shoes
G. Ear Protection
15. Presentation / Display
2. Errors & Omissions
4. Parking Fees
5. Mileage ( ____ miles X ____ days X ____ weeks )
8. Test Fees
9. Transportation Fees (Taxi/Bus/Plane)
10. Hotel/Motel Fees
2. Cellular (to claim the cost of a cell phone it has to be used 100% for Business.)
3. E-mail address
5. Answering Machine
7. Pay Phone
8. 2nd Line
1. Business Cards
4. Office Supplies
5. Business Gifts (up to $25 each person)
3. Equipment (TV, VCR, Radio, Etc.)
4. Party and Decorating Items
5. Food (candy, cakes, pizza, etc.)
Note: If homemade cost to make.
VIII. EDUCATIONAL TRAVEL
This is trips domestic and overseas for Educational Learning such as
Spain for dance, art, or history,
Washington DC for Political Science or history,
South America for science, art, or history, etc.
1. Air Fair
3. Transportation (train, bus, taxi, bike, auto rent, etc.)
4. Shuttle to Airport
5. Parking Fees
8. Film Processing
9. Entrance Fees
10. Guide Fees
NOTE: If more than one trip list each separately.
1. Vehicle Expenses (for each vehicle)
A. General Information
1. Date vehicle placed in service
2. Total miles vehicle driven during the tax year
3. Total miles used for business (not commuting
to and from school).
This includes miles going to meetings, PTA, school functions, fairs,
games, awards, plays,concerts, field trips, etc. Going to pick up
supplies,equipment, make copies, to other schools,
to students homes, etc.
In other words anything related to the job is deductible.
4. Average daily round-trip commuting distance.
5. Do you (or spouse) have another vehicle available
for personal use?
6. Parking and toll fees (this includes parking meters).
Substitute teachers can use the mileage going to and from the
NOTE: Keep a day timer to keep track of your roundtrip mileage
and items you purchase for school. If you go to the same places all
the time then you can make an index such as:
ITEM NO. PLACE MILES
1 Target 12
2 Art Store 3
3 Savon 7
4 Teachers Store 32
In your day timer all you have to do is list the ITEM NO. in place of
writing down the PLACE and MILES. This makes it easy.
Clients that have kept a log could not believe how much money they
spent on items for school and the number of miles they went.
If you see any errors or have other items I omitted please
do not hesitate to contact me.
Phone (626) 810-8293
Fax (928) 437-2796
Notary Public Service Available